Québec Government Office in Los Angeles
The following tabs will change page context.
The Québec Government Office in Los Angeles promotes the interests of Québec in the following sectors: business, investment, government institutions, education, culture and public affairs. Inaugurated in 1970, the Office serves the Western America, which includes 13 States.
Public and Political Affairs
- To ensure relations with political institutions and regional organizations;
- to provide linkage between Québec and American officials during trade and political missions;
- to provide information on Québec to the general public, businesses, government and the media;
- to provide liaison with local, regional and specialized media;
- to monitor regional issues of interest to Québec;
- to promote Québec studies and Québec culture in American universities and develop relations between these institutions and potential Québec partners;
- to organize and promote appearances and exhibitions by Québec artists on the territory and by artists from the Western States at cultural events in Québec.
- to prepare market studies and provide strategic information on the West America market to Québec companies;
- to provide guidance and information on Québec's business environment (taxation, regulations, etc.) and on government assistance for investment to businesses and investors from the Western United States;
- to foster partnerships and strategic alliances between Québec and American businesses;
- to provide information and assistance to Québec businesses seeking buyers, distributors and potential partners;
- to organize seminars and conferences on trade between Québec and the U.S.;
- to monitor regional economic and market trends;
- to attend the major trade shows and economic events on the territory.
- is both a financial institution and an economic development agency;
- helps companies planning to expand operations in key sectors of the modern economy locate in Québec by providing information, support, financing and access to customized tax measures;
- also provides a wide range of services to international corporations with Québec-basedsubsidiaries;
- operates 13 offices worldwide, including one in Los Angeles from which it has been serving the US West Coast since 2004.
- New Mexico
Head of mission
Québec Government Representative
On March 14, 2011, Alain Houde took up his duties as Québec’s Delegate in Los Angeles. He will represent Québec in 13 western US states, including California, Arizona, Washington and New Mexico.
A graduate of Montreal’s HEC School of Business (École des Hautes Études Commerciales), Mr. Houde has dedicated himself to Québec’s economic development since 1986. Upon joining the Government of Québec in 1993, he held a variety of managerial positions within the Department of Economic Development, Innovation and Export Trade (MDEIE) and the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (MAPAQ). In particular, he headed the MDEIE’s Asia-Pacific, Africa and Middle East division, in addition to the investment promotion division and the Montreal regional division. He also headed the MAPAQ’s market development and export division. In this regard, Mr. Houde has contributed directly to developing, updating and implementing business development strategies for Québec companies. He also oversaw the organization of the economic components of «Mission Québec-Chine» in 2005 and «Mission Québec-Inde» in 2006.
For over a decade, Mr. Houde has advised Québec companies on their efforts to develop export markets in the US and Asia, and he also worked for nearly four years at the Canadian Industrial Innovation Centre in Montreal. He developed knowledge and expertise in the area of innovation and international affairs that is sure to be of great benefit to the clients and partners of Québec Government Office in Los Angeles today.
Québec Government Office in Los Angeles
10940 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90024
- Québec Government Office in Los Angeles - How to get there
- Québec Government Office in Los Angeles - Website
Phone:+1 310 824 4173
Fax:+1 310 824 7759